* Remove any wall hangings that could fall down during the process. The crew will be hammering away on your roof, and the vibrations could send your painting of Aunt Mildred crashing to the floor.
* Clear off the area surrounding your house, including toys and patio furniture. Don't make it an obstacle course for the workers.
* Have a plan for your pets. The commotion could send Fluffy over the edge! Also, if your dogs go outside to do their business, they might get confused and nip at the workers (even though they're good dogs. They're all good dogs, right?).
* Make sure your driveway is clear and has enough room for a dumpster and other vehicles.
* Mark any fragile plants or trees clearly.
* Mow your lawn - it's easier to find stray nails in short grass.
* Let your next-door neighbors know when your project is scheduled to begin.
* You might want to tarp anything precious in the garage - there may be dust stirred up.